I know everyone has been seeking the posts for Daytime BrightLite everywhere, but I have yet to see a review on them. So I decided to take the bull by the horns on this one. I purchased the Side mounted light pipe version of DRLs from Daytimebrightlites.com and have had them installed for about 2weeks now.

I have to say that instillation was very simple and took me less than an hour. I have never touched my bumper before, so it was fun getting to know that part of my car. In the DBL instructions, it says to remove 3 screws to access the OEM light, if you find that you have bigger hands or just want a little extra room in there, take off the screw under the bumper. That will allow the flexible fender wall to come out more. After that the instillation is straight forward. DBL has a lot of install videos out there, so I won't get into the details.

As for how bright they are, all I can say is DAMNN! What a vast improvement. I was always seriously disappointed with the light output from the OEM vertical strip. When I ordered my Edge from the factory, I just assumed the vertical lights were DRLs. (It appears that these are for some countries software enabling them to be DRLs, but I have an American Spec Edge.) So when I saw these DRLs become available, I had to jump on them! Each light producing 440 Lumens at 100% brightness is a lot of light. I love that Audi/Mercedes DRL look driving down the street. Sometimes I am able to see a front on reflection of my Edge as I drive to work and it looks awesome! (I love that part of my day lol)

One major difference that you will find is that there is no reflector behind the light pipe anymore. It has been replaced by the Phillips DRLs. So you will not be able to see light pipe light up as brightly in full day light. Nighttime is a different story though as it lights up like a lightsaber!

I really like that whole assembly is black. For those that are blacking out their Edges or don't like shiny things on your car, these lights definitely change the look of the lower bumper.

I have to say that working with the guys that run Daytimebrightlites.com was a real pleasure too. Every question or concern I had was answered quickly, eagerly, and courteously. In the beginning of my install, I had issues with Phillip's control box which senses the power current of your vehicle (it tells the DRLs when to turn on and off). They worked very diligently to contact Phillips, find out what the issue was, and send me a replacement extremely quickly.

I already got heads to turn with my Edge. With all the mods I have completed, with help from around the forum, my Edge keeps looking better and better. But now with these DRLs, it is seriously like a bacon shinning out to ships lost at sea. Pedestrians see Killer (my car's name as the license plate starts with KLER :shades: ) and then they take that second look that we all know and love.

Below is a video I put together so you can see the lights in action in day/nighttime. I tried to leave in as much audio as possible, but there are some clips where the traffic or other noises forced me to take it out. Love that exhaust sound though! Some of the pictures in the video got blown out, so I posted them as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVodBcpv7pI

Side profile:

IMG_0416.jpg

DRLs 50%, Parking lights only:

IMG_0429.jpg

DRLs 100%, all lights off:

IMG_0425.jpg

This is a pic of the OEM lights. Camera I used when I took this pic made the lights look really blue.

Night.png

DayBrightLights.png

I hope that you find this review helpful. I highly recommend these lights. It is one of the best ways to make your Edge stand out!

• Like 1