Matching "Deep Impact Blue" on license plate holder plugs

Fkit

I want to remove the front license plate holder on my 2013 Deep Impact Blue Edge SEL. It has the appearance package, so the grill is blue. I'm trying to figure out how I can plug the holes and paint the plugs to match the paint. I'm thinking touch up would just be a base color and wouldn't have the clear coat. I guess I could buy clear coat, but how is that gonna look using a spray can for both? I know they're only little plugs, but they're on the front grill. I don't want it to look cheesy. Anyone done anything like this with paint? I looked up bumperplugs.com, but they don't have Deep Impact Blue yet.

Do a search for windshield washer jets...or something to that effect. Dingo painted his black jets white to match and it looked spot on. But I think he did a mix of touch up paint and clear or maybe he just used a thinner, can't remember.

Found the thread: http://www.fordedgeforum.com/index.php?/topic/8976-windshield-squirters/ he airbrushed them with primer-> then touch up paint -> then clear.

Edited by wlepse

They won't. They'll charge you a ton, because of mixing the paint, labor, etc. Your best bet if you're not going to do it yourself, is to find a local touch-up paint guy. Most high-end dealerships use one. These guys go to dealerships and airbrush in all the rock chips, etc.