20" Chrome Clad 2013 Wheels and Tires WTT Trade for 18"

ls973800

Change was made to the hub bore, I think for the 2011 on they went to a smaller hub. So if Mike took yours and wanted to use them he would need to get yours machined and you would need to get hub centric rings for the 18's. But do a little research first on the rings...I think I remember reading people had problems finding one to adapt the 2010 and earlier. Don't remember if the size wasn't available or just out of stock at the time. But worst case you might have to have them machined to another size you can get.

Change was made to the hub bore, I think for the 2011 on they went to a smaller hub. So if Mike took yours and wanted to use them he would need to get yours machined and you would need to get hub centric rings for the 18's. But do a little research first on the rings...I think I remember reading people had problems finding one to adapt the 2010 and earlier. Don't remember if the size wasn't available or just out of stock at the time. But worst case you might have to have them machined to another size you can get.

I'm not sure about the hub bore size, but have heard that Ford changed the way the TPMS is attached to the wheels. I believe for 2011 and newer they are built into the bottom of the valve stem. Prior to 2011, they attached to the wheel with a band (?) and may have also used a different frequency to transmit to the car. I don't know if an older TPMS will be read properly by a newer vehicle. More research for me to do.

well im looking for the 20" limited wheels for my 11 sel, but mine r going to need tires soon real soon...if ya wana work somthing out let me know...scott

ps im in northeast pa

Well, what's to work out? You need about $650.00 worth of tires, $500.00 to me for the trade, and shipping each way to be paid by you. I think you might be better buying off eBay or your local classified ads or salvage yards.

Ive been looking for 20" Chrome wheels for my SEL. I got the 18" Silver Factory wheels. I will try posting some pics of the wheels I have and btw mine got like 70% thread left. Please post some pics of your wheels and just let me know what you think and we might work something out, Thanks! BTW im in Northern California

Edited by smora

You do realize that shipping is going to be a killer for you to pay if we trade wheels? My tires have 500 miles on them, what mileage do you have? What brand are your tires?

These pictures were taken in the garage using a flash. There are no scratches, scrapes, defects, etc on the wheels. Very poor results from taking with a flash. I can post outside pictures tomorrow if you are really interested.

post-6528-0-23302400-1343531676_thumb.jpgpost-6528-0-76399000-1343531756_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I still have these 20" wheels and tires. I have been able to talk to several people who are very interested in the trade/cash but the logistics aren't working out because they are not local and shipping is quite expensive.

In addition to the 18" Edge wheels, I would also be interested in the 18" Explorer wheels from the new 2011-2012 XLT models They have the same specs and TPMS sensors as the Edge.

• 2 weeks later...

how much is the shipping to 90650

Please read my original post #1 which I edited July 18. If you can arrange shipping both ways I would consider it. I am in 75126 about 25 miles east of Dallas if you wanted to check shipping fees.

Thanks for your interest, wish you were in the D/FW area.

Edited by ls973800

Stephane, I saw your message on the Edge forum about the 18" chrome clad wheels you would like to trade. Unfortunately, I am not looking to trade for any other chrome clad wheels. I want the silver or alloy 18" wheels.

Thank you for replying to my message Sorry you don't have the wheels I am looking for, otherwise it would have been a done deal!

Steve