Deactive Auto Unlock

I have a brand new 2012 Ford Edge Limited. I would like to deactivate the auto unlock feature. I would like to be able to leave my IA key in the car and use the door keypad to unlock my door. I have tried both the keypad procedure and the Message Center Instrument Cluster procedure to deactivate the auto unlock feature to no avail. The auto unlock kicks in when my IA key is in the car and I cannot lock the doors. Any suggestions?

I have a brand new 2012 Ford Edge Limited. I would like to deactivate the auto unlock feature. I would like to be able to leave my IA key in the car and use the door keypad to unlock my door. I have tried both the keypad procedure and the Message Center Instrument Cluster procedure to deactivate the auto unlock feature to no avail. The auto unlock kicks in when my IA key is in the car and I cannot lock the doors. Any suggestions?

Auto-unlock unlocks the doors after you stop the vehicle and open the door. It has nothing to do with what you're describing.

You're supposed to be able to leave the IA key in the car and lock the doors using the door keypad which deactivates the IA fob until you open it again using the door keypad.