Running Boards - Can Someone Identify

mgmosh

Hey everyone. I am new to the forum, Ford, and the Edge. Have my 2013 Limited on order with a build date the week of September 24th. Getting excited to get it! Anyway, I am trying to decide on things like running boards/mud flaps, bumper protection, etc. I found a picture of an Edge with running boards, and based on the picture, I really like them. They appear integrated, which is the look that I like. Does anyone know what brand/model running boards these are? Any help would be appreciated.

Mike

post-23824-0-58282600-1347025518_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

yeah that just looks like a trim...I have westin running boards on my 08 which I like but they're more noticeable than you would like I think. EGR has a nice set of running boards that actually looks like the trim on that edge you attached. they have some threads on here....look at them, the running boards are on the edge picture in their signature.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone. I am new to the forum, Ford, and the Edge. Have my 2013 Limited on order with a build date the week of September 24th. Getting excited to get it! Anyway, I am trying to decide on things like running boards/mud flaps, bumper protection, etc. I found a picture of an Edge with running boards, and based on the picture, I really like them. They appear integrated, which is the look that I like. Does anyone know what brand/model running boards these are? Any help would be appreciated.

Mike

I also have a 2013 Edge ordered to be built that same week. I too am looking at putting running boards and mud flaps on my Edge mainly because I live on a gravel road and want to protect lower trim/panels. Westin looks to have a set with lights, look pretty good from pictures online.

I ended up ordering the EcoBoost trim pieces for my Limited AWD. Found an EcoBoost model sitting next to a 3.5L V6 model. Liked the rocker panels on the EcoBoost model much better!

Cost is about the same as running boards. Thought the running boards would stick out too far, and since the Edge sits lower than most SUV’s, don’t really need them for entering and exiting the vehicle. The EcoBoost trim adds a little bit more protection and dimension to the rocker panels.

FYI, got my VIN and window sticker. My dealer tells me my Edge will be built within the week. :)