Anti theft system problem

I bought a flip key for my 2010 edge sport, I was trying to program the new remote following the instruction from the seller, inserting one key, turning it to on and off position 8 times and then leaving the ignition on "ON" position, then pushing a button on first remote, then on second remote and then on the new remote. After doing all this 3 times my new remote did not work, but the red light from the ATS was flashing 3 times and going off and on and on doing the same thing. Everything was working in the car, but that red light kept on flashing all night long. I was able to start the engine and drive the car no problem.

After getting the correct instructions from the seller and programmed the new remote, all my keys (3 total) and remotes work fine, but that red light now is flashing 2 times and then off, even when I am driving the car. Does anyone know what is wrong with the red light?

My car is working just fine, BUT THAT RED LIGHT FLASHING TWICE AND THEN GOING OFF AND ON AND OFF.