Stick with the dealer

JOEHIO

I know this forum is for Edge's & MKX's (which I have), but had to share today's experience. Went out tire shopping for my wife's '09 MKS, which has 46,000 miles on it, as tires are getting close to the tread wear indicator, and want to put on new

rubber before winter sets in. Went to 2 local shops, one being a Goodyear, and got prices of $249.95 & $251.00, which included mount & balance, and road hazard, but NOT sales tax. They also want $1.50 per tire for some extra charge here in New Jersey. Four tires would be $1,076 including tax. I then went to our dealership (Maplecrest in Union, NJ), and they are

putting 4 Goodyear Eagle RS-A tires on,(which came on the car) and with balancing, Lifetime road hazard, AND a front alignment (which other 2 stores were not including) and sales tax for $1,076. Can't complain with this, had to share the info. Sometimes the dealer CAN do better with prices. Yes, I know that I can go to Tirerack, but if problems, you have to ship it back, and until you get another tire from them, you're riding your spare.

Thank you Maplecrest, once again, you exceeded my needs !

Joe