dropping my 07 by cutting the springs any advise,help and/or tips please thanks

I would highly recommend not doing this!!! Never cut springs on such a big vehicle. Well I would never...

thanks edge racer!!!!!!!!!!!!! so mike did you ever do the drop on your edge that way,im worried about doing the drop on the edge it being a front wheel drive,i want drop it about 2.5 inches!!!!!!!

I used to cut springs in my cars until i cud save up for lowered ones. 1 complete coil equaled an inch also expect them to get really soft & bouncy within a couple months...good luck..

I responded to a wreck on the highway about two years ago when a kid in his lowered (cut springs) car got loose on the road sending his car into a spin and then several rolls. Unbelted front passenger killed the driver as he was flying about the front of the cabin. After several weeks of accident reconstruction, and eye witness statements including the rear seat survivor they figured out why the car got unstable and crashed ( it was a 1 car accident). Don't cut your springs, you're creating a 4500lb death missile. Your vehicle was engineered to high technical standards by a lot of guys smarter than me and you, don't kid yourself thinking you know more than them. Be safe, save up for lowered springs and do it right.

Edited by Edgieguy
  • Like 2