2013 Edge Sport windshield

www_ca

Hi Everyone,

New to the forum, and new to the Edge that we purchased 2 months ago. Great vehicle so far, with one problem. About 2 weeks ago, it turned cold here in BC, When that happened, the windshield developed about 5 breaks, with cracks that radiate from it. Being familiar with rock chips, I thought that's what it was, till I got a better look at it during the day. The break seems to occur at the lower bottom end of the windshield, "where the dash is located" and the cracks extend upwards.

I took it in to the local Ford guys, and the service manager couldn't find any chips on the outside of the windshield. He used a very fine pointed tip to see if it had been hit by a rock,, or in this case, 5 rocks. Couldn't find anything, so he submitted a warranty claim with Ford Canada. Ford Canada denied the warranty last week.

What it looks like to me, is something under the windshield, is tight between it and the dash. Anyone else have this issue?