Rear Defroster

sanche

Could your elements haven been damaged?

I doubt it. Aside from using window cleaner and paper towel, It does not get touched.

I read in the forum that it turns on (w/remote start) when temps are below freezing. Is this so?

But I think it removed frost in the a.m. when temp was above 32F.

All else worked fine.

It will turn on with remote start, only if it is enabled, using settings on the left side instrument cluster. Check out your owners manualm on this.

That's the first thing I checked, it's enabled. thanks.

I'm curious to know if it only activates at or below freezing when using remote start.

If I know the answer, it would indicate if the problem is w/ the remote start module.

It's going in to the dealer on Mon. I'll keep this forum posted.

Went to the dealer yesterday, service checked the car's Remote start, svc mgr. says that the rear defroster needs to be "on" when you shut down and leave the car.

I told him the owner's manual (climate control section) says nothing about leaving the df button turned on. It will ignore any previous settings. He insists it is working properly and says all the cars w/ this feature work the same way.

Anyway, a couple of days before going to the shop, we had a cold night, 28-30 F degrees, and it did defrost the back window in the morning like it should.

So, based on my experience, the service manager does not know what he's talking about, and, when using R/S, defroster does not activate above 32 F.