mjbaker84

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I know you have had these posted for almost two months now. Have you considered posting a price which may create more interest? Many times I will not even bother replying to an ad for something which has no price. Usually means the seller is asking top dollar and is almost afraid to post his price. Not saying this is your case, but I really think if you post your bottom dollar asking price you might get more interest.

Other problems may be that you say two have scuffs on them ,and the others have scratches. No one really wants to pay top dollar for damaged chrome wheels. Many owner's looking for new chrome clad wheels are looking to replace their scuffed, scratched wheels with unblemished ones. You also say the tires are "average" and can be used a while longer. No one wants to pay shipping for tires which will have to be replaced in a year or so, which your description sounds like.

Unfortunately, the other problem is people are usually looking to upgrade to the 20" wheels, so these are not as in demand as them.

I wish you well, and hope you have also taken advantage of Craigslist in your area to try selling them. Good luck.

true

I have no idea on what to price these at though lol

Tough call. I would be more inclined to pull the tires off and sell them on Craigslist or such for around $200.00 for the set. They are probable the Michelin (245/60/18) tires which list on Tire Rack for $192.00 each before shipping. Someone might be looking for some tires to get through the next year or the next state vehicle inspection.

The TPMS sensors will work in the 2011 and up Edges and many other Ford models. You should be able to get $50.00-75.00 for the set of four used sensors, again maybe on CL or even eBay. Check out the going prices for them on eBay.

Now the wheels you should be able to blow them out for around $200.00-$300.00 for the set. Even at $200.00, if you also sell the tires for $200.00 and the sensors for $50.00, you just made $450.00 and cleared out your garage.

These are just my thoughts but hopefully give you an idea of how to go about it.

Steve

Selling wheels sucks. Like I mentioned to you via PM a while back the shipping really makes selling difficult. While ls973800 has a point about splitting these up and possibly clearing them out it does come with extra costs too. Besides, I HATE dealing with people on craigslist. Seems like the shadiest people are always the ones I end up trying to sell things to. When they finally show up the 5th time I feel like they are checking out my place to see what else they might want to come back for. I thought you were thinking about making them snows? If you do have snows mounted then maybe throw the tires up on CL.

yeah I know lol.

I have sold a ton of stuff on craigslist and I always try and meet at a Quiktrip or a well populated clean bright gas station during the day.

People are shady and I don't need them at my house lol.

Yeah I thought about seperating and selling but as mentioned the extra costs incurred suck too lol.

thanks guys!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi there, I'm interested in getting a set of 18" rims for my Edge but only need the rims and TPMS. I plan on getting dedicated snow tires and mounting them for winter use only. I don't really know what is a fair price for the items I mentioned. I don't want to low ball you an offer and I don't really want to pay a lot either. I cannot send you a private msg now because I don't have enough posts. Maybe you can contact me and shoot me a price.