Prospective Buyer

Vizsla_Buddy

Hello Forum Folks,

I am a long time Ford owner ... mostly in the truck area. My two current vehicles are a F150 and a Mini Cooper. I am looking for something in between and the Edge Ecoboost seems just right. I have a couple of questions for you good people:

o How close to the 30 mpg highway are people really getting? The car will be used for a lot of distance traveling.

o The Toyota Venza seems to be a close competitor. For those that evaluated both, what tipped you to the Edge?

o Buying tips: I have been less than pleased with the Ford dealer I was talking to. How do people use the net best to get the optimal price?

Thanks in advance.

Vizsla_Buddy

• 2 weeks later...

Try doing a lot of research about the Edge before you buy.

I have gone from Kbb.com , Edmunds.com, Nada guides and truecar.com to find the true car price.

If there is a specific model and package you like and want to go for it, point out more of what you don't like about it. (I would like this package however, I don't like ...)

Look at different Ford dealers for their price, if you can go to other ford dealers try to deal with them. I heard it helps to play different dealers against each other to get the best deal.

My parents didn't go for the ford edge, they went with a Chevy Equniox and they just couldn't deal with this one guy at the Chevy dealer, but they found someone better to talk to and neogate with to get the price they wanted.

I'm looking to buy a Ford edge, just not in the postion to buy just yet but I've been doing a lot of research on the vehicle and checking out the true purchase price / market value so I know exactly what price I should pay when I'm ready to go in.

You can always look up on google how to get the best online price for a car. The only thing about buying a car online, you should always test drive the car first to be sure nothing is wrong with it. =)

Edited by Roxy Bear

• 4 weeks later...