MKX engine tick and knock follow up

dirkh

We made a CD of the ticking and knocking noise in our 2012 MKX. We gave it to the sevice manager and he heard what we were talking about. We took our MKX to the dealership on Thursday. Friday we were told they didn't hear the noise when they started it the first time Friday. I met the service manager Saturday because I couldn't believe they didn't hear a noise that is there everyday. Just came home from the dealership. Well I found out why people are getting the run around on this issue. I sarted my MKX and then waited for the high idle to come off(it is cold here in Indiana). The service manager immediately started listening. He pointed and asked me if that was the noise I was hearing? I said no, that is injector pulse. We kept waiting for the high idle to go off, then when it went off he said he didn't know it had a deffinate RPM come down. Then he heard the noise and said Oh, we turned the car off before that. Don't know what they are going to do yet but at least he heard the noise. If your dealership is unable to hear this noise you may have to do the same thing I did. We had told them to wait until the high idle came down and it is even written on their papers. Dealerships seem to have a problem reading customers concerns and taking them seriously. You may need to hold their hands.

YEP!

2 stories both happened to me, I'm a telecommunication tech.

Had a Dr. tell me "it's broke fix it!"

I said "Can I have a little info on what's wrong"

He said "I TOLD YOU IT IS BROKEN!!"

I turned to leave, he said where are you going?

I said "to the phone office to work on your #, probably take me a couple of days to test it to your building then another day to test it to your desk."

He said uuhh :hide: "I keep dialing wrong #'s", I replaced his dial...took 10 minutes.

Recently took our motor home (Ford F53).

Told the service writer "It has used 1 gal of coolant in 5K miles, another dealer did a leak down test over night = no trouble, he suggested I bring it back this summer."

He wrote down "Low coolant" :headspin:

The tech changed a hose, I drove it home, 50 miles, it NOW uses 1 qt every 50 miles :angry22: .

ab