New guy with a few questions.

elznfam1

Hey Guys, My wife and I are the new owners of a used 07 Edge. We love it so far. She drives it mainly but because I sold my truck, so she didn't have to drive my 02 Ford f250 cc 4x4 diesel around, I am with out a tow vehicle. I don't tow heavy when I do tow, the diesel was way more than I needed. My question is do I have to upgrade the tranny cooler on the edge in order to tow the max 3500#? Are there any other suggested mods or upgrades , other than a hitch, that I should look into? Thanks guys.

I can only speak to my experience. You can search this forum and find some disheartening occurrences.

For me, original owner of a 2007, 110k+ miles, light duty towing on occassions using a 1k# max capacity utility trailer and mine seems to be holding up fine. When not towing I'm a fairly aggressive driver so I'm probably harder on it than most, typically drive in around town conditions with the O/D off. I was experiencing some 6th gear flutter at speeds from 45-80 mph and had the tranny serviced; it went away for a while but has returned though not as frequent, generally from 45-60 so I just leave the O/D off unless I'm cruising at speeds above 60.

• 1 month later...