License Plate Holder

jonryn

My 2003 Edge SEL was delivered with a flimsy plastic license plate holder firmly attached to the

bottom bar of the front grill. This is ugly and spoils the looks of the front end. Looks like the bottom bar was drilled to make this attachment & was told not a good idea to try to remove it. Was this done at the factory or the dealer? Guess I didn't notice it at delivery. Doesn't matter now but what can I do about it to improve the looks? I loved the front grill and think this ruined it. Any ideas? Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/9321-new-grill-and-license-plate-bracket/

This is what I did. $150 and 2-3 hours taking my time. Enjoy.

That looks fantastic... I bought my Edge in a province without front plates (therefore no front plate holder). When I brought it home I had to get it done in a hurry without really giving any thought as to how to do it, so I took it to a dealership where they mounted the standard holder to the front end for $50. The cost and the look are OK, but I really wish the plate was a little more out of the way like how you did it. Not having the clunky plastic holder makes for a cleaner look.

Oh well, now I'll be better prepared for the next time.

• 4 weeks later...