Lincoln MKX engine knock next step?

dirkh

I spoke with another Ford service manager. After he listened to the YouTube video, he said I should get a Rep involved or look into the Indiana Lemon Law. Will the gentleman who is on this forum that contacted me, please call me again. Thank you.

Dirk: When we spoke, you described that -- despite your best efforts with two dealerships' Service departments -- there is a communications disconnect between the Service Writer and the Service Technician being able to recognize the knock in your MKX's engine, which is otherwise regularly evident to you upon idle-down after a cold start.

I recall from our conversation that you were considering taking your vehicle to a third Ford dealer on the advice of the Ford Customer Relationship Center.

While it's unclear from your post if you've been to that third dealership -- and especially if you have not yet done that -- I would suggest you contact the Ford Customer Relationship Center once again at (800) 392-3673.

Request your vehicle's case be escalated in order to provide for a corporate-level Ford Service representative to be physically present at the third dealership when you take your vehicle in and/or for the corporate-level Ford Service representative to be physically present when you & dealership personnel cold-start your vehicle. It might be useful for you to request that someone from the Ford Lima Engine Plant also be involved, since Lima Engine is not that far away from your location.

Your description of the Ford Customer Relationship Center rep's prior interest to coordinate with the third dealership in advance of your visit is a positive sign, however, the patience you have exhibited is deserving of a corporate-level Ford Service representative onsite at that third dealership to ensure the knock is successfully assessed and a proper repair is affected.

Good luck!