Will you post a pic of 2012 (+\-)white edge with factory 18s plasti-dipped

Hello people

So I am trying to convince my wife that plasti dipping the chrome clad 18s on our white 2012 edge limited will look good. Can someone post a pic of perfect side view (no angle to the pic...I found some pics but always in the angled, stylized mode that makes it hard to see overall look)

Thanks!

Jackman.. I'd say that maybe one of the best options you have is going to Youtube and actually watching a 3 min video of someone plasti dipping their rims... Also, they normally will spray it on and then peel it off on the how to videos. This way, your wife can see just how easy it is to put it on and take it off if you don't like it. This is what I have to do with my wife... And if she still says no, I normally just do it anyways!

Ah. Good idea. Yeah, I hear ya...she's pretty easygoing with such things...just like to get her input. Thinking about some 22's from discount tire instead Letting her decide. :) Thanks for suggestions

I went with the 22" TSW Snetterton's and they have been an amazing rim! Couldn't be happier with the look and hardware... I wrapped them with Yokohama Parada Spec-X's, if you shop around.. Discount Tire did my entire setup for right at 2,300 I believe, including the 3yr replacement warranty on each tire.

Pic's are in my Gallery!

Hey Jackman,

I don't have a white Edge, but I dipped my 18" wheels on my '11 Limited. Here is a side pic of my wheels. I wiped them down, so the tire looks wet/shiny. It's been raining here in Germany, so they were a little dirty. I dipped them back in Nov of last year and they are still in great condition and provided awesome protection through last winter.

20130428_102723_zpsbd80b9aa.jpg

I made a thread of how to dip your wheels a while back.

Check it out if you haven't:

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/11507-how-to-plasti-dip-your-rims-video-tutorial/

You could always tell your wife that you will show her how it looks. The materials only cost about 20 bucks and if she doesn't like it, you can just peel it off.

• Like 1

Ah Germany.....we have friends in Bonn....have had very good times there.

Your wheels look cool. I def like the matte black look. Have you ever needed to peel the plast dip off? It came cleanly/easily off of the chrome clads?

I don't have much experience with the protectant/tire shine stuff; I am on "backroads" a lot for work (the edge is actually a quite hardy "off road" vehicle) and the tire protectants tend to attract dirt/dust.

In regards to movie.... you made it? Nice work man. Very helpful.

Thanks