Replacing FACTORY stereo?

Hey everyone!!

I want to replace my factory stereo that came with my Edge. I was concerned if I bought a new dvd/nav screen unit to sit where the old system was that my 6 mth subscription to Sirius would be over? Yes/No anyone know? On the crutchfield.com website, they state if I replace the unit, I have to sign up for NEW sirius service?

Anyone done this yet and does ANYONE have pictures of their NEW STEREO SYSTEM installed??

Let me know...also speaker upgrades?? BEST CHOICES???

Not doing a sub....I want to keep my trunk space!

Thanks,

Jason

Hey everyone!!

I want to replace my factory stereo that came with my Edge. I was concerned if I bought a new dvd/nav screen unit to sit where the old system was that my 6 mth subscription to Sirius would be over? Yes/No anyone know? On the crutchfield.com website, they state if I replace the unit, I have to sign up for NEW sirius service?

Anyone done this yet and does ANYONE have pictures of their NEW STEREO SYSTEM installed??

Thanks,

Jason

Hey everyone!!

Thanks,

Jason

As far as Sirius, you will not have to sign up for new service. They can transfer your service from one unit to another.

The rest....anybody...anybody....Bueller...Bueller...anybody...

Hey everyone!!

Thanks,

Jason

As far as Sirius, you will not have to sign up for new service. They can transfer your service from one unit to another.

(Is there an echo in here)

(Is there an echo in here)

what he said..the sirius is transferable..just call them with the new number and the old one..

I just installed and AVIC-Z2 with a sirius tuner and reversing camera. here is the only pic I have I can take more if you like

DSC04607Medium.jpg

• 1 month later...

I have only had my edge for about 2 weeks now and want to put my 7in lcd dvd single dim touch screen in.

How hard is it to remove the factory unit. i have the standard 6 disc one with mp3. Is there any instructions on how to remove the factory unit.

Or what would be better would be a guide to install a amp and woofer to the factory unit as I would like to buy a new indash dvd nav system with a mini pc and bluetooth but will take me sometime to get the $700 it cost at www.mp3playerstore.com. I need my bass. I have a VW jetta and a honda Civic all hooked up but when I am doin the family thing with the EDGE I am missing the nice deep base and the ability to let my daughter whatch elmo with headsets while I listen to my reggae.

Help please.