IA key programming

Hello,

I have an Edge 2012 limited w/ push button start (no ign. key).

I lost one of the key fobs, so I had to go to the dealer to get a second fob and have it programmed.

After about 3 weeks, they found the one I lost and returned it to me, but it will not open the doors or start the car.

I now have 2 working fobs. Did or could someone post the correct procedure to program the third fob?

Thanks much for your support.

It's in the owner's manual. When the dealer reprograms it they wipe out the old keys and put in the new ones that they have which is why the old one no longer works.

Hi akirby,

I did exactly as it says in the manual (around page 140).

Could not get the start button to flash after unlocking, pressing brake, and locking the door (3x....).

It's as if nothing was happening. Third fob still inop.????

Because the dealer charges way too much? Check in your manual. I was reading it one night, but I was really tired. I swear it explained the combo of buttons that needed to be pressed to program a key.

wannabang,

You are rihght, the manual describes procedure (around p. 140). I followed it exactly, but did not see flashing starter button light near end of procedure???

Not sure if power should be on accessory or on or completely off.