Hit Speed bump too fast - 20 mph- problem???

Hi guys,

Maybe I'm being neurotic and paranoid but I have to ask this question...

Yesterday I hit a speed bump at maybe 20mph...it was same color as the road and took me by surprise... The springs n shocks compressed when hitting. Needless to say I am kinda bugging out now.... The car tracks straight as usual and there's no noises. But I feel like I notice the bumps in the road more....this could also be because I just inflated all tires to around 40 psi.....

So anyway, does anyone think I could have caused any issues under there? Do you think I could have bent arms or suspension components, messed up the shocks or springs, or even bent the frame????? Too slow to bend the frame right?? Would an alignment at the dealer be good to clarify no damage?

Sorry I know I sound crazy but I guess I'm just paranoid....what do you think?

For some extra peace of mind, the first thing that has a tendency to bend or distort are your rims. They would be the first part to go on a big impact like that, I strongly doubt you have caused any serious damage in any other components, frame especially. If you notice your steering wheel shuddering at high speeds from now on you probably have in fact bent a rim but thats the first part of the car that would take damage

Edited by sprsnake_wishin