New wheels on the 09

Nowak1981

I finally got my new wheels put together and installed today....what a journey. It took me nearly 6months but i finally got them.

2013 ford edge sport 22in wheels. $450 each

Yokohama parada spec x 265-40r22 tires $260 each

Tpms sensors $65 each

Center caps 55$ each

Having tires put together $175 ouch.....only to find out they wont fit cause the hub diameter was too small

Having tires dissasembled $40

Having a machine shop bore out the hubs to fit the larger diameter 160$

Having the tires then reassembled another 175$.....

So i think we are up to about 3900$. Thats a lot of dough just for wheels and tires...at least i didnt have to pay retail for the wheels $1800 each!!!!!

So tell me, you think it was worth it? I think so.

Couple that with h&r springs, blacked out grille....its getting closer.

Next up quad HID retrofit or possible re-skinning the interior plastics with leather, red stitching and some piano black trim. I havent decided yet, i hate my seats enough to do them before the headlights. I need more cushion!!!

20130531_172533_zps7f96c7f6.jpg

20130531_172515_zps18960c34.jpg

Edited by Nowak1981
  • Like 1

I love the fact that its lowered but ever since then i have been getting some squeking rubber from the strut isolators out side of that i really dont notice anything different other then how it looks.

Id like to redesign a door panel kinda like what is in mercedes s class with a piano black peice of trim and some ambient lighting underneath..

the-new-mercedes-benz-s-class-viii-5.jpg

Edited by Nowak1981

• 2 weeks later...

Question: do you notice a huge difference in ride quality with the 22's ?

I would love to pick up a pair, but my wife is afraid that the ride will be bumpy and she will feel every railroad track, bump, and crack in the road. - And as she has a tendency of getting car sick, I'd hate to buy

them if its a valid point.

Currently I have stock 18's on a '11 SEL

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

I am dealing with this myself. I'm trying to find a place to re size the wheel centers I will hopefully find out tomorrow if this one place can do it. He was going to see if he could do it on a bridge port to bore the size . When I was getting them install before i knew about this fun fact the guy putting the tires on he was questioning the fit of the 22's I said they have OEM 22's for the Edge and there shouldn't be any issues. So before putting the tires on the rims he dry fitted one. I didn't know that the wheel hubs was 63 mm on the rim and the 09 Edge has 70.5 mm . Can you tell me how your guy milled the centers out and how long ? The funny thing is that around my area there a tons of tool and die shops in my area but to find one to do this and not damage my wheels. I have a 2009 Limited as well but far as i know I don't have Tpms sensor on my wheels.

Edited by KMAN

You need to look at machine shops that do industrial machining or farm and tractor machining. The machine shop that did mine did it on a lathe. I had to have the tires removed so he could clamp on to it. He just milled the lip out of the center, about 1inch deep, the depth wont matter, just grt the diameter right and you will be fine.

Well after 2 weeks I finally have the darn wheels on. A freind of mine had the rims mill on a C&C machine and his tool shop for free But I sandblasted a quad frame for the guy that did the work. The center caps from Tasca Ford parts for $130 for all 4 the TPMS bands new for $120 and Black chrome Lugs for $40. The tire center guys were checking up and down inside and out to make sure they were not going to rub or hit anywhere. After they pull the Edge out the installer said they make the Edge. And the best part is my wife is happy. Just waiting on Wendsday for the headlights to come in2LHP-EDG07G-TM-2.jpg

post-5808-0-29911400-1373221309_thumb.jpg