Evap leak problem

sandiphi

I have a 2011 Ford Edge capless gas tank and I am already getting the message that I have an evap leak. When my gas gauge gets to half a tank the check engine light comes on. I hooked it up to find out what the code was and it is saying that I have an evap leak. My technician says it could either be the purge valve or the filler neck. Really? The car isn't even 2 years old and I already have an evap leak. Ridiculous!!!!

Has anyone else had this problem with their Edge? Have you tried to put a normal gas cap on your Edge? So frustrated.

• 4 weeks later...

I had my check engine light come on last week, I stopped into a local parts store and they were able to pull the code which ended up being an evap leak. I called the dealer and they couldnt get me in right away so I drove the Edge for a few days. The check engine light ended up going off so I canceld my appt. I pushed my finger into the capless hole a few times. I dont think that did anything but i heard that the capless systems dont always seal correctly and it can reseal the system.

I'm sure the parts store cleared the code. Once they are on, they don't go away on their own. I believe ours is not fixed. My husband took out the purge solenoid, cleaned with WD40, reinstalled it. We also bought an after market gas cap put an o-ring on the end of it to have a better seal, and voila, we haven't had the problem since.