iOS in the car

Did anyone see Apple's WWDC conference keynote? They unveiled a new feature called iOS in the car which promises to sync iPhones w/ vehicle cpu's for things like music, maps, calling and more. It doesn't look like Ford is signing up. Too bad, MFT has some shortcomings to be sure.

http://m.intomobile.com/2013/06/10/wwdc-2013-apple-reveals-ios-car/?mstac=0

Did anyone see Apple's WWDC conference keynote? They unveiled a new feature called iOS in the car which promises to sync iPhones w/ vehicle cpu's for things like music, maps, calling and more. It doesn't look like Ford is signing up. Too bad, MFT has some shortcomings to be sure.

http://m.intomobile.com/2013/06/10/wwdc-2013-apple-reveals-ios-car/?mstac=0

Yes, I saw it and was very upset when I didn't see Ford's emblem in the supported vehicles section. Although, Jaguar was!! I really can't see manufacturers doing this, because they will lose out big time on Navigation sales and such like that.

Unfortunately I think Ford has too much sunk into MFT to give up on it, even though the end users would benefit greatly and I bet their defect rate would drop exponentially.

Yes, I saw it and was very upset when I didn't see Ford's emblem in the supported vehicles section. Although, Jaguar was!! I really can't see manufacturers doing this, because they will lose out big time on Navigation sales and such like that.

I assume they'd just charge the standard $500-900 they would normally get for Nav instead for iOS support and suddenly the OEM isn't responsible for new SD cards, map updates, and more. All the better for them.

Edited by Laminar