Navigation Screens Setup

I have no real need for the Nav system but after 4 months owning the truck I decided to test it. So I press the Home button to write my home address, then the number button to enter the street number and the numeric pad came up (wanted to input 2004); I press 2 and it shows on the list but then the rest numbers faded away on the pad and could not input the remaining of the number. Same for the street name, I press the first letter on the keypad but then the rest letters faded away. Don’t really know what I did byt eventually the Home address was completed by itself and it guided me back home nicely

The owners manual has almost nothing about the Nav system screens

Anyone knows where I can get good instructions on the Nav?

The address entry screen attempts to speed input by limiting the available keys to those that match what's in its database. Sometimes you have to work down from state and city first then street name then number because it will only let you enter certain values. For example, if there are no house numbers on a street that start with anything other than a 1, the 1 will be the only key available (e.g. all the houses on my street are in the 10,000 range). It can be helpful because as soon as I enter JAC, it automatically fills in JACKSONVILLE and then B becomes the only key available in case I want Jacksonville Beach as the city.

I know it should assume that the state and city would be where you are at the moment but it doesn't always seem to do that and you can only correct it by manually selecting the state and city.