Disable door keypad

The code is burned into the body control module rom. 

I would think that it's possible to change this module and have it reprogrammed by a dealer. The question comes in if they're allowed to do this and would the factory be required to assign a new code. (?)

Would be fairly expensive of course.

I'd talk to your local Ford parts agent and have him talk with the local area rep. 

I see this "feature" as a potential liability. Every used car sold still have a former owner(s) who could potentially still have the factory code. 

PS, I wonder if she may be using her personal code, and not the factory code. Try 《deleting all old codes》 and reprogram with a new code. 

That’s why you should remove the master code card from the vehicle.  Previous owners do have the code but except in rare cases they don’t know your address so it doesn’t matter.  Ex spouse is the most likely scenario where they know the code and the vehicle location and may have bad intentions.

The dealer should be able to change it.

On 7/22/2013 at 6:21 PM, Polecatt said:

Anyone know of a way to disable the keyless entry keypad on the driver door? Someone got into my car one night when I accidentally left it unlocked and they must have taken the master 5 digit code from the card in the glove box because every few weeks I find my car unlocked in the morning knowing that I left it locked for sure.

From what I understand the master code can not be changed so I want to disable the keypad by either pulling a fuse or disconnecting some wiring. Is there a way to do this?

OK. Try this.

1. Turn the ignition to the off position.

2. Close all the doors.

3. Enter factory–set 5–digit entry code.

4. Press and hold the 3 • 4. While holding the 3 • 4, press and release the 7 • 8. While still holding the 3 • 4, press and release the 7 • 8 a second time.

5. Release the 3 • 4.

You should receive a horn chirp to indicate that the system has been disabled - or - a chirp followed by a honk to indicate the system has been enabled.

Edited by enigma-2
Spelling