SE vs SEL

cmarcus1979

I'm on the "Edge" on whether to just get an SE or an SEL. One question I do I have is does the SE model have a trip odometer. I know it doesn't have the MPG, DTE, and all the fancy trip functions, but I'm wondering if it has a simple resetable trip odometer.

Thanks,

-Chris

Did you check an SE at the dealership?

When I test drove the SE, that was one thing I forgot to check. Looking at the specs online, all I could find is the SEL says "trip computer" but the SE does not even say trip odometer.

If someone's got an SE, please save me a trip back to the stealership.

I hate to oversimplify things but...

Call he salesman you dealth with when you went there the first time.

Ask him.

I was going to post the dealer's phone numbers for you but I don't know where you live.

Edited by Good_Hands

I didn't realize this was going to be such a difficult question to answer. I was hoping someone out there owns an SE and could simply post a "yea" or "neigh"

Incidently, the sales man I dealt with didn't even know they made an SE model, so calll him would be worthless.

Also, he wanted to sell me a $32k SEL (not SEL-Plus), and told me they they usually go for right around sticker price, hence the "Stealership" reference.

I didn't realize this was going to be such a difficult question to answer. I was hoping someone out there owns an SE and could simply post a "yea" or "neigh"

Incidently, the sales man I dealt with didn't even know they made an SE model, so calll him would be worthless.

Also, he wanted to sell me a $32k SEL (not SEL-Plus), and told me they they usually go for right around sticker price, hence the "Stealership" reference.

From www.Ford.com

Your satisfaction is our #1 goal. If you have questions or concerns about your vehicle, we suggest you follow these steps:

Contact your Sales Representative or Service Advisor at your selling/servicing dealership.

If the inquiry or concern remains unresolved, contact the Sales Manager or Service Manager at the dealership.

If the inquiry or concern cannot be resolved at the dealership level, please contact the Ford Customer Relationship Center.

Submit your question to Ask Ford, your very own 24-7 virtual representative. She’ll answer any of your commonly asked questions.

Or, just send us an e-mail and tell us what's on your mind.

Ford Motor Company

Customer Relationship Center

P.O.Box 6248

Dearborn, Michigan 48126

1-800-392-3673(FORD)

TDD for the hearing impaired:1-800-232-5952

Monday - Friday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM local time

cmarcus1979, I can't answer your question either since I haven't decided on which new vehicle I want yet but don't get discouraged with this forum. There are many good posters here and there are a very small number that are "hilarious" especially if you want to discuss brakes.

You may want to ask your question in the tech forum.

Edited by Rockfish

lol.....wow, I guess I am probably the only one with a bottom of the line Edge........lol. I love it though! Yes, mine has a trip odometer.........very easy to reset just push and hold a button..... and getting accurate information for mpg is a snap, I just use my calculator. lol.

Mine doesn't even say SE..........it came out before they added that! Mine has extras in the lighting area possibly........I have auto on and off headlights......that is one feature I wouldn't be without.