Infinity Kappa 682.11

So I finally pulled the trigger on 2 pairs of Infinity Kappa 682.11CF after "extensively" reading this forum. I tried calling a few places to get a decent amp and one guy offered me this one for $400 CAD. He mentioned that an under powered amp would be better for the speakers as well.

Alpine PDX-5 (getting rid of old stock) http://www.alpine-usa.com/product/view/pdx-5/default

My concern is this amp would/is probably underpowered when taking into consideration the specs of the speakers + my sub. The sub I have is the 10" Alpine Type S @ 500W RMS.

What are your thoughts on these?

MRX-V70

http://www.alpine-usa.com/product/view/mrx-v70/Specs

and Alpine PDX-V9

http://www.alpine-usa.com/product/view/pdx-v9

Please also advise on any other amps that you deem fit for my settings. I'd really appreciate it.

Edited by Nexus

I would go with the Alpine PDX-V9 only because the 1 channel has more power but the issue with using 4 channel amps is you cannot seperate your door speakers from sub. Only because your crossover is either on HPF, LPF, or Full. That's why I got two seperate amps so i can independently control them. Plus the rear door speakers bring more mid bass range while fronts will be full or high range. This is why I had to had a subwoofer into the mix.

I would go with the Alpine PDX-V9 only because the 1 channel has more power but the issue with using 4 channel amps is you cannot seperate your door speakers from sub. Only because your crossover is either on HPF, LPF, or Full. That's why I got two seperate amps so i can independently control them. Plus the rear door speakers bring more mid bass range while fronts will be full or high range. This is why I had to had a subwoofer into the mix.

Thanks for your input abhp06. I appreciate it

Where did you find the Kappas up here in Canada? I've been looking online to buy 2 sets, but haven't found any yet.

I purchased them from Sonic Electronix

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_60698_Infinity-Kappa-682.11cf.html

They gave me a discount of $17 per pair on top of the final price.. You have to place your order over the phone though.

I purchased them from Sonic Electronix

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_60698_Infinity-Kappa-682.11cf.html

They gave me a discount of $17 per pair on top of the final price.. You have to place your order over the phone though.

Thanks for the response. I did look at buying them from them, but their web site said the can only ship Infinity products to US only.

I'll have to give them a call and get a set. Now to save up for a Stealthbox and a couple of amps. :)

Let me know how your install goes.

• 1 month later...

I just purchased the Alpine Pdx-v9 (5 channel amp). Will I be required to buy an (LOC) as well? if so, which one would you recommend? How many channel?

By installing an LOC, would I still get full power from the amp?

I don't have the sony system and I'm planning to keep the stock HU.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

• 5 months later...

I know this is an old thread, but i took my time to buy and put things together. I did a lot of research and before i go ahead and do the installation this spring, i want to make sure I have everything that i need to move forward.

Here's a list of things that I have at the moment

• Alpine PDX-V9
  • Audiocontrol LC7I
  • NVX XKIT44
  • Infinity Kappa 682.11CF (already installed in all 4 doors)

I will be tapping into the speaker wires at the door (front and rear) instead of going behind the head unit. I'm also planning to run new speaker wires from the amp to the speakers. I am aware that our alternator is 150 AMP but considering that my 5 channel amp is 800 W RMS/1600 W max power, will i be required to install a capacitor? I believe that with the system installed, i will be needing at least 100 AMP from the alternator. This is the calculation I've been using (800 RMS (AMP) + 400 (sub) / 12) = 100 AMP (not sure if i should have added the sub in this calc) . Will that put too much strained on the alternator?

​Finally the speakers are 2 ohm and the sub i have is 4 ohm, will that be a problem?

Pls advise

Edited by Nexus