What's the difference between the two?

BT4Z-19G364-A vs BB5Z-19G364-C

I am looking to get the factory Bi Directional remote start from Ford, but I have a couple questions first can anyone please confirm.

Is the only difference between the 2 kits the proximity and shock sensor (BB5Z-19G364-C)

I just what to confirm (BT4Z-19G364-A) does everything setting wise except the added alarm eg. Ability to set runtime, auto temp, auto seat heaters etc.

If the 2 kits are the same except the added alarm. Is the alarm part worth the extra $60

Thank you

-Nick

• Like 1

Thanks. Was at the dealer today they wanted 620 plus tax to install the series 200. Crazy! I found online for like 290 and it looks pretty easy to install.

My buddy owns a shop and can turn on the remote start for me.

My local dealer is pretty expensive. They tried to charge me $45 for the MFT update. I kindly showed them it is under the added MFT warranty. Apparently they didn't get the memo.

-Nick

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Nick, does your Edge have push start? I'm looking at the same 2 choices, but we have a 2013 Limited WITHOUT the push start/driver entry package. That basically means the 200 Series Plug-n-Play isn't an option, only the bi-directional. Am I correct in assuming the two are the same, as far as getting the seats to heat up upon remote starting? Is that still an option to set through the menu/options in-car?