Need advice on buying an Edge!!

smatheney

Thanks in advance for any advice and hello to everyone I am new to the forum. I am looking at buying my fiance a new vehicle and she has her eye set on an edge. I've looked at many of these vehicles and found some decent deals but I need some advice from some existing edge owner. I have found a 2010 Edge Limited that looks like a brand new vehicle inside and out!! The only downfall is the vehicle has 150,XXX miles on the clock. The owner of the vehicle is a sales representative and has acquired all of the miles on the interstate and highway. He has all of the service records from the routine maintenance and has just installed a brand new set of Michelin pilot tires. I guess my question is do you think this vehicle still has some life left in it. I know in theory if you take care of your vehicle and keep up with the scheduled maintenance it should last "forever" but im not particularly familiar with the edge and its durability. The reason this vehicle stands out to me as a good deal is because he is asking about 4-5k under NADA value. For the same price I could get a 2007 possibly an 08 with just around 100k miles. I may be wrong but I feel that 3 years newer trumps 50,000 miles. Please help me out with this situation.

Thanks,

Smatheney

What is the actual price they are asking for the 2010? NADA, Edmond's, Kelley Blue Book, etc are just a guide. I read that one way to get a true idea of what a vehicle is worth is to look on eBay at completed sales and see what the prices were on those. That's a real world indication of what owner's are selling their vehicles for, and what buyer's are willing to pay. The listed prices really don't give a true indication of worth.

The one you are looking at averaged 40-50 thousand miles a year. I understand it was mainly highway miles and well maintained. Those are still a lot of miles on a newer vehicle, and it's a tough call. Really would depend on how cheaply you can buy it for..

• 2 months later...