Adding an OEM backup camera to a 2013 SEL non-MyTouch

Edge13

Hello everyone, I recently purchased a used 2013 Ford Edge with the base SEL options. The only option it doesn't have that I would like is the backup camera. I'm not a fan of aftermarket solutions, I'd rather go with a genuine Ford part. One option I've heard of is using the 2011-12 Tuarus camera which uses a LCD screen in the rearview mirror. Has anyone added this kind of setup to their Edge? I did a search but came up with nothing. Has any 2011-13 non-MyTouch Edge owner added a backup camera?

I'm not sure on the addition of the camera to existing equipment, but the non-MyTouch Edges that had backup camera still used the smaller radio display to show it. I just did a PDI on one yesterday that had that. Not sure what would all be involved in adding it on or even if you can (the display may still be different in some way)

I'm not sure on the addition of the camera to existing equipment, but the non-MyTouch Edges that had backup camera still used the smaller radio display to show it. I just did a PDI on one yesterday that had that. Not sure what would all be involved in adding it on or even if you can (the display may still be different in some way)

Thatis interesting, I didn't know they offered it on the non-MyTouch Edge. What year was the one you saw it with?

Edit: I just found that the 204A equipment group comes with leather and the backup camera. This must has been the model you saw. Now I just have to find out what parts I need.

Edited by Edge13

Thatis interesting, I didn't know they offered it on the non-MyTouch Edge. What year was the one you saw it with?

Edit: I just found that the 204A equipment group comes with leather and the backup camera. This must has been the model you saw. Now I just have to find out what parts I need.

after you install, please provide some pics and installation steps. I'd like to install one in my edge.

• 3 months later...