New SEL+ in VA

carprof

I picked up my new SEL+ on Wed night. Light Sage Metallic, Stone leather, BAMR - everything but nav & DVD.

This is really an exceptional vehicle. Even though I am a Ford retiree I shopped a lot of other vehicles but thought the Edge was the best. I really like the luxury touches like dual power seats, the driver's seat going back when you are ready to get out, puddle lights, etc. I upgraded from an Escape and glad I did.

My wife picked out the color. On a cloudy day it can look a little dull but in full sun the metalflake really looks good. I wasn't too crazy about the chrome 18 inchers but am really glad I have them.

If Ford can get people to just give the Edge a chance they will sell. It feels like a much more expensive vehicle. I took it to work today and showed some of my co-workers who all drive Japanese and German cars. They all said "I can't believe this is a Ford." It shows that the product is right.

I got an 07 because the 08s are still very hard to find in my area and I was not sure I wanted to take the chance on the Sync system. I trust Ford but Microsoft's BSOD (blue screen of death) might be in there somewhere! I'll be watching to see how people like the Sync and if any bugs show up.

Congrats to all the other Edgies. We made a terrific choice in our new ride.

Welcome to the forum! It's been a great place to read and share others' experiences with the Edge. Hope you have an enjoyable and trouble free ride.

We also had an Escape, an '05. We had a peek at the '08 Escape, but it looks like a mini Explorer. The Edge has been a lot of fun, and we are totally happy with it.

• 2 weeks later...