2007 Edge purchase within a couple of Days :)

sassynstl

Looking @ getting an SEL Plus

Dealer offered:

MSRP 33,160, SEL Plus, BMAR, Tow pkg, Cargo, 18" chrome, reverse sensing, CDX6

Inv 31,416 - which is also selling price before rebates

At the bottom of the quote it shows the Xplan price of $31365.36

I've requested an xplan pin from Blueoval (no such luck yet) but is the xplan quoted on the form the real #, since it's only $50 less than the "invoice/quote" price.

So confused! Any help would be appreciated on what I should really expect on paying for the car! I plan on purchasing before the weekend!

Thanks! :wacko:

Looking @ getting an SEL Plus

Dealer offered:

MSRP 33,160, SEL Plus, BMAR, Tow pkg, Cargo, 18" chrome, reverse sensing, CDX6

Inv 31,416 - which is also selling price before rebates

At the bottom of the quote it shows the Xplan price of $31365.36

I've requested an xplan pin from Blueoval (no such luck yet) but is the xplan quoted on the form the real #, since it's only $50 less than the "invoice/quote" price.

So confused! Any help would be appreciated on what I should really expect on paying for the car! I plan on purchasing before the weekend!

Thanks! :wacko:

Yes, that sounds right. X plan on Fords is $50-$100 below invoice. The difference is with X plan the dealer cannot add any fees whatsoever (not even the infamous Documentation Fee). Without X they can and usually will charge that. That's still a heck of a good price even with a $400 doc fee though assuming you still get to keep the rebates.

Edited by akirby

Yes, that sounds right. X plan on Fords is $50-$100 below invoice. The difference is with X plan the dealer cannot add any fees whatsoever (not even the infamous Documentation Fee). Without X they can and usually will charge that. That's still a heck of a good price even with a $400 doc fee though assuming you still get to keep the rebates.

Thanks, sounds like I should go for it! Was just concerned about number fudging. I've never come across a "documentation fee" so I'll watch out for that!

Thanks again for your help.

• 4 weeks later...