It's HERE!!!!

kmhibbs

My dealer just called and told me my '08 AWD White Sand Limited was delivered to the dealership this morning! So with a little luck I might have it tomorrow. :hyper:

I will definitely post pictures.

:happy feet:

Can you tell I'm excited?

:bowdown:

I'm not worthy...I'm not worthy..

heheheh! Congrats! I cannot wait to see the pics since that is the color I am ordering also. I know you just cannot wait to drive around all weekend in your new baby!

Make sure you give us some pics asap though, I am excited for you!!!

:happy feet:

So my dealer called and told me that my Edge was in the garage beginning dealer prep and wanted me to come take a look. It is even better than I thought it would be. Just in the short time I was able to look it over I made some observations.

1) The glare problem has been fixed. Even the White with Camel interior has a black dash and trim. Dark dash - no glare.

2) Sync is going to be very cool. I plugged in a flash drive and within seconds I was giving voice commands and rocking! I think the audiophile system will be more than adequate.

3) The automatic hatch worked great. Easy open and easy close.

4) The White Sand is awesome looking. Even with travel dust is was very sharp looking.

5) BAMR is pretty cool, too.

I have to wait until Monday to pick it up. Makes for a very long weekend.

More to come.

So my dealer called and told me that my Edge was in the garage beginning dealer prep and wanted me to come take a look. It is even better than I thought it would be. Just in the short time I was able to look it over I made some observations.

1) The glare problem has been fixed. Even the White with Camel interior has a black dash and trim. Dark dash - no glare.

2) Sync is going to be very cool. I plugged in a flash drive and within seconds I was giving voice commands and rocking! I think the audiophile system will be more than adequate.

3) The automatic hatch worked great. Easy open and easy close.

4) The White Sand is awesome looking. Even with travel dust is was very sharp looking.

5) BAMR is pretty cool, too.

I have to wait until Monday to pick it up. Makes for a very long weekend.

More to come.

Hi there. So am I reading the first thing correctly?

The camel interior has a black dash? Like the entire dash is black, therefore the glare is fixed?????

if I am reading this correctly then I will be able to get the color interior that I want! I was going to go with the dark interior just because of the glare, but I really wanted camel....

Hi there. So am I reading the first thing correctly?

The camel interior has a black dash? Like the entire dash is black, therefore the glare is fixed?????

if I am reading this correctly then I will be able to get the color interior that I want! I was going to go with the dark interior just because of the glare, but I really wanted camel....

Correct, the entire dash is black. The doors are edged in black if I remember correctly and so are the door pillars. My dealer has the 2008 brochures which shows the dash.

Correct, the entire dash is black. The doors are edged in black if I remember correctly and so are the door pillars. My dealer has the 2008 brochures which shows the dash.

That is very interesting, I had decided to go dark interior for the same reasons, concern about the glare. If even the light ones now have dark dashes that opens up the color possibilites. Can't wait to see some pictures of this.

Why such a long wait for it to be prepped? You would think they could prep it in a day, unless the prep guys don't work weekends?

I would love to just see the 08 brochure. My local Austin dealers are totally downplaying the 08's. "There's really no difference", "May not have them for months", "We have great deals on the 07's", etc. Except the two big items I want, 20" wheels and SYNC are only available on the 08. I guess they really want to clear out the 07's. Does the 08 brochure mention the "sport suspension" at all? Any chance I can pay you to mail me a brochure?

Clayton

That is very interesting, I had decided to go dark interior for the same reasons, concern about the glare. If even the light ones now have dark dashes that opens up the color possibilites. Can't wait to see some pictures of this.

Why such a long wait for it to be prepped? You would think they could prep it in a day, unless the prep guys don't work weekends?

I would love to just see the 08 brochure. My local Austin dealers are totally downplaying the 08's. "There's really no difference", "May not have them for months", "We have great deals on the 07's", etc. Except the two big items I want, 20" wheels and SYNC are only available on the 08. I guess they really want to clear out the 07's. Does the 08 brochure mention the "sport suspension" at all? Any chance I can pay you to mail me a brochure?

Clayton

The major delay is the guy I'm selling my 03 Expedition to is doing a courtesy trade and Monday is the earliest he can do it. I've waited since July so another day or two won't kill me.

Don't believe the dealer. They are wanting to sell the '07s. Once the '08 hits the lot they will have to take an even bigger hit to move the '07s.

The brochure doesn't go into much detail about anything, pretty much just a glossy over view. I'll see what I can do to get a scanned copy.

Oh, and by the way, the 20's look GREAT!

Attached is a page out of the 2008 brochure that shows the dash with the camel interior. One interesting note is there was a black limited on the dealer lot with the medium stone interior and the dash was not near as dark as the one with camel.

post-1027-1193006279_thumb.jpg

Attached is a page out of the 2008 brochure that shows the dash with the camel interior. One interesting note is there was a black limited on the dealer lot with the medium stone interior and the dash was not near as dark as the one with camel.

Hey there! Thank you so much for posting!

So, that is interesting, about the one on the dealer lot. Hmmm

So in your opinion, from looking at your car, how do you feel the color flows inside there with the dash being dark and seats being light?

Do you feel it flows nicely?

It looks pretty good from what I can tell. Going to have to talk to my dealer about the changes I want. He already worked up some details for me, but nothing is written in stone yet...

:)