New 2013 Owner with concerns.

EspoMan

Hello guys. Name is Steve, new to the Edge and the forums. Just purchased a 2013 Edge SE with the 3.5. I'm somewhat worried about my purchase after seeing so many people with issues on here. I only had the Edge a week and I noticed a few times that the steering wheel gets very tight when pulling out or into a parking stall. When the engine revs up then it goes away. Could it be low power steering fluid already? Also please let me know what issues I should be looking for with this vehicle.

Aside from the above. So far I love the Edge. Super quiet interior and its super comfy to drive. Already took it to the mountains and it did great.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Since the Edge has electric power steering, I'd check the battery first. Do you know the vehicle's production date, and whether it has been sitting on the dealer lot for some time? Try unhooking the battery for 30 minutes or more, and then reconnect, let the Edge re-learn. If the problem is gone after that, have the dealership replace under warranty.

Of course, it COULD be the fluid level is low (always a possibility) or that the rack has a problem. Statistics are strongly against these possibilites, but yours could be the exception.

Thanks for the reply. You said if the problem is gone, have the dealer replace what? Battery? I'm sure its been sitting for a while because its a 2013. Should I put the battery on my motorcycles trickle charger to fully charge it?

Edit: just checked sticker, it was built on 8/13

Thanks

Edited by EspoMan

Doesn't seem long enough to have affected the battery. But if your charger is 12V, wouldn't hurt to put it on for a while, make sure the battery is at full charge. Check the voltage across the terminals before and after with a multimeter (while the Edge is turned off).

I assume the battery looks clean? No signs of corrosion/crusting?