Question about Ecoboost Transmission

erikgrad

Hello, I just bought a used 2013 Edge Ecoboost, and had a question about the transmission/driving conditions. I notice that when I let off the accelerator at 30mph or more, the car tends to decelerate rapidly compared to my old car. I didn't know if there might be something related to the transmission dragging or shift-braking on me, and whether this is a typical condition?

My wife notices it too, and she actually mentioned it to me before I said anything, even though I had noticed it as well. The reason I am posting here is because I thought the Ecoboost 6 speed might not be the same as the 6-speed SelectShift that goes into the other Edge models.

We came from a much lighter car, a 2009 Focus, so we just might not be used to the extra heft that goes with the Edge.

FWIW, I seem to be getting a steady 27-29 mpg so far, so it may just be a difference between cars. I would just take it in to the dealer for service evaluation, but I don't want to overreact either, if this is how it normally feels. I considered going up and taking a new one for a test drive just to compare. Has anyone else experienced this when first driving the Edge?

TIA

EDIT: Okay, I made a mistake. I always know to search the forums first, my humble apologies...turns out this is normal, helps MPG: http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/7819-letting-off-the-gas/

Mods, you can remove this post if you wish, I have my answer.

Edited by erikgrad