Question about my current lease

jtudor

Here's my dilemma, I have a 2013 Edge Sport AWD that I leased in April of 2013. 4 months after that, I got a company car so my Edge has a littler over 4k miles and it's literally sitting in a barn. Someone suggested I list it on SwapALease.com but I'm a little hesitant about that, heard both good and bad things.

I have a 3 year lease with 36,000 total miles but I'm making a payment on something I won't be driving at all.

Any ideas of how/what I should do with this?

First check with the dealer where you leased the car from. Explain the situation and see if they can offer any help. With that short of ownership and it being a lease, you will probable have a high buy out right now.

I know CarMax will buy leased vehicles, but you will need your buyout figure to see if that is even worth pursuing.

I have heard of some of the "assume a lease" type deals actually working out. If you do something like that, make sure you are completely off any and all paperwork.

Tough spot to be in, especially with a lease involved. Hope you are able to get it worked out.