missing voice control of NAV after Sync Update

I looked pretty much everywhere, it just seems gone. ... Any known issues or tech briefs to point them in rght direction?

Also, just curious, what about other voice commands, do they still work? You may need a simple reset using the Delayed Reboot utility, fuse 29 pull, etc. I've run into similar problems in the past remedied by a reboot. No, don't do the Master reset which wipes out your Nav Favs.

Hi perrytime & rwolson,

A fuse pull would have a deeper effect than a master reset, but involves the same loss of your favorites and settings. I can't recommend the use of any unofficial third-party applications, but a key cycle accomplishes similar results without incurring data loss. If you end up visiting your dealership, perrytime, keep me in the loop on how it goes. I can provide further support if the issue persists.

Antonio

Note re: Delayed Reboot to set the record straight. The Delayed Reboot came from a Ford update to resolve a Sirius channel lineup issue. You can read the information here Ford’s Sync My Ride site -

Agreed. Reboot better at resolving issues. The reboot app came from here...http://boards.synccommunity.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?tsn=1&nav=messages&webtag=fordsyncmb&tid=3904  ; This was to update Sirius channel line up. The last step in the file is a delayed reboot. It is safe to extract that portion. Actually, the whole thing is OK cause the Sirius channel line up data replacement if not needed it just goes to the next step- delayed reboot. That is what was extracted for a simplier plug in.

The DIRECT reboot was distributed for a short time & then Ford Mysteriously stopped & would not discuss. I have one. Works great on the fly. But it is locked so passing it around will not work.

Antonio - pulling the fuse does not lose any settings or favorites. It just forces a complete power off of the APIM, just like removing the battery cable.

Thanks for helping out here - much appreciated!

akirby,

I should have read over the post more carefully before firing off a response. :doh: I even referred to the method as a fuse pull, when in my head I was thinking we were on the topic of a battery disconnect for some reason. It's been a long week!

A fuse pull won't affect your favorites. In some cases in the past when a customer disconnected their battery to troubleshoot an issue, this has lead to data loss when left unhooked for an extended period of time. In any case, the fuse pull is still your best option. I'm glad to help, thanks for keeping me honest!

Note re: Delayed Reboot to set the record straight. The Delayed Reboot came from a Ford update to resolve a Sirius channel lineup issue. You can read the information here Ford’s Sync My Ride site -

Agreed. Reboot better at resolving issues. The reboot app came from here...http://boards.synccommunity.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?tsn=1&nav=messages&webtag=fordsyncmb&tid=3904  ; This was to update Sirius channel line up. The last step in the file is a delayed reboot. It is safe to extract that portion. Actually, the whole thing is OK cause the Sirius channel line up data replacement if not needed it just goes to the next step- delayed reboot. That is what was extracted for a simplier plug in.

The DIRECT reboot was distributed for a short time & then Ford Mysteriously stopped & would not discuss. I have one. Works great on the fly. But it is locked so passing it around will not work.

rwolson,

The link you provided didn't pull up anything for me, but you may have been referring to this post: http://boards.synccommunity.com/discussions/Welcome_to_SYNC_Owner_to_Owner/SYNC_Announcements/Sirius_Voice_Command_Update_File/fordsyncmb/3904.1?redirCnt=1&nav=messages&sr=y

An application becomes considered third-party after any modification is made to the original file. There are a few websites that distribute this modified version of the Sirius Voice Command Update (SVCU) file, calling it the Delayed Reboot utility. Since there's no guarantee what you might find on the internet these days, I'm unable to recommend those versions of the application as a recourse. Although many of these sites sincerely wish only to help other vehicle owners, it only takes a single unscrupulous individual to dish out malware of some form. On top of this, the original intention of the SVCU isn't to troubleshoot SYNC-related issues, but to resolve a very specific concern in some vehicles. For these reasons, we don't recognize the utility as a viable troubleshooting measure at this time.

Antonio