Traction Control System

jboehk

Why is there a switch to turn off Traction Control and when would you want to use this switch?

:reading: .....Friend are you in snow country?.... IF..so..you may find need for it...The Traction Control System can equate a spinning wheel with a skidding wheel and apply braking to other wheels to correct your skid...But you're NOT skidding...You're stuck or about to be...and real good too....your about to spout some profanity that will cause your momma .... :finger: .....to thump your head....AND...now your dunce car will apply brakes on you.... :banghead: ..... just as you would LIKE... to become "un-stuck"....Been there...done that....I am a mud country guy....AND...it do discontinue the technology that is suppose to keep us...from killing our pee-brain selves....I believe The TC system is all about that late 90's Explorer/Firestone...car/tire failure business that socked Ford so hard in eye and wallet and sent Firestone to nowhere land....People way above my pay grade...have determined...We are all too dumb to check our tires, check the air pressure, know what direction we are going....AND...according to my British Friends... EVEN.... know which side of the road to drive on........Happy......... :shift: .....Sr....