Memory Seat Confusion

Hi there, we just bought a used 2008 Ford Edge Limited AWD in immaculate condition. We love it but cannot figure out how to program the memory seats for my wife and I. There seem to be 2 separate sets of instructions in the users manual on page 136 and on page 150.

Does the easy entry feature have to be disabled first before programming? Key in accessory mode or just key in ignition? Do you get two settings (1 and 2) per key or just one?

Can someone be kind enough to give us a step by step instruction on how to do program them? No matter which key we use, the seat settings stay the same as per how they were last set when the vehicle was turned off. The seat does not move at all when we press the unlock on the remote.

Don't worry about the easy entry - it's just telling you that if you use easy entry the seat won't be in the preset memory position until after you put the key in the ignition.

First, program the memory positions you want using the door buttons. Press set, then 1 to program memory 1. Same for position 2. Make sure they work by pressing the 1 or 2 button. This is on page 150.

Once you have those positions programmed correctly follow the instructions on page 136 to link those positions to the IKTs. Press and release Set. Press unlock on the IKT, then press either the 1 or 2 button to link that IKT to that memory position. When you use the IKT to unlock the doors it should go to that memory position.

I didn't get around to doing this yet today, busy with the kids. One question before I try this tomorrow morning (from a non-techno person). Key in ignition obviously but do I have to turn accessory on or is just key in ignition good enough? That's not clear at all in the user manual (unless I missed something). If accessory needs to be on, perhaps that's why it didn't work for me because I'm positive I did this as per the instructions on page 136. I pressed lock (not unlock) on the IKT, though - seems to me in the manual it says you can press either one. Thanks in advance.

Just going to out to the garage to do this now, sorry for all the questions. Seems to me I read somewhere on the forum before posting my original question that in the 2008 Edge, I can only program 1 memory position per IKT. I thought since there were position 1, position 2 and a set button on the driver's door, I could program two different seat memories per IKT. Do I have this correct? Or, does the 1 apply to one IKT and the 2 apply to the other IKT (in which case, how do you which IKT to use or does it matter)? Thanks again. My wife and I find this so confusing :(

Just going to out to the garage to do this now, sorry for all the questions. Seems to me I read somewhere on the forum before posting my original question that in the 2008 Edge, I can only program 1 memory position per IKT. I thought since there were position 1, position 2 and a set button on the driver's door, I could program two different seat memories per IKT. Do I have this correct? Or, does the 1 apply to one IKT and the 2 apply to the other IKT (in which case, how do you which IKT to use or does it matter)? Thanks again. My wife and I find this so confusing :(

Wow - you're really confused. Forget the IKT for a minute - just program the 2 memory positions to you and your wife. Get the seat and mirrors where you like them, press set, then 1. Let your wife do the same and press set, then 2. Now memory position 1 is yours and 2 is hers. You can now just press the 1 or 2 button when you get in the vehicle and it will go to that setting.

Now think about the IKTs. You want YOUR IKT to activate memory position 1 and you want your wife's to activate memory position 2, so that's how you program them. It wouldn't make sense for the IKT to have more than one memory position - the point is to automatically set the seats and mirror to whoever's key is being used to unlock the door (presumably the driver).

Hope that makes sense.