Problems w/aftermarket remote starter

Hi -

I had an aftermarket remote starter installed in my 2011 Ford Edge SEL (by a local shop in town). For the first month or so it worked fine, but has recently started to cause a problem -- whereby shortly after you use the remote start (within the next day or so) both factory key fobs stop working completely (lock/unlock/etc.). NOTE: the remote starter that was installed is activated using the factory key fobs as well. If I pull the fuse for the anti-theft system and let it re-set itself (and re-insert the same fuse), everything works fine again for another day or so. Or, if I pull the fuse, re-insert it, and don't use the remote starter at all, the fobs continue to work fine indefinitely. Has anyone seen something like this before ? And is there anything I can try other than having the aftermarket remote starter removed completely ? Any help/suggestions would be most appreciated !

- Matt

if u are using the factory remote then u have limited distance to start with.I don't know what u paid but for about $350. your ford dealer can install a ford remote start which replaces your keys has extra distance has settings in the instrument cluster and is covered by a ford warranty

• Like 1

• 10 months later...