Ford; Columbus, Ohio

damitche

Just purchased my Ford Edge.

Gotta say that I've driven GMs, Fords, Volvos, Toyotas, Volkswagens, Chryslers, Subarus, but I haven't seriously looked at Ford for a new car in at least 15 years.

I was very surprised when I looked at the Ford Edge; Ford has (finally?) made a really good product. Just have to wait and see how it holds up over time. Dollar for Dollar, I think it appears (so far) to be the best product out there!

All vehicles have issues of one type or another; 200 miles into this one, and my fuel cap indicator comes on (I haven't touched it for new gas yet). Dealer is getting parts. Car seems to run the same, I'm still driving it just fine as we wait on the parts to come in (fuel canister and some valve thing-a-ma-jig). Seems a rare event based on industry reports I've read.

Edited by damitche

• 2 weeks later...
Just purchased my Ford Edge.

Gotta say that I've driven GMs, Fords, Volvos, Toyotas, Volkswagens, Chryslers, Subarus, but I haven't seriously looked at Ford for a new car in at least 15 years.

I was very surprised when I looked at the Ford Edge; Ford has (finally?) made a really good product. Just have to wait and see how it holds up over time. Dollar for Dollar, I think it appears (so far) to be the best product out there!

All vehicles have issues of one type or another; 200 miles into this one, and my fuel cap indicator comes on (I haven't touched it for new gas yet). Dealer is getting parts. Car seems to run the same, I'm still driving it just fine as we wait on the parts to come in (fuel canister and some valve thing-a-ma-jig). Seems a rare event based on industry reports I've read.

Me again... So the dealer replaced the Fuel Vapor Canister and a Fuel Vapor valve, but my technician says it is still "showing the code" (when they run diagnostics). They called Ford, who told them to replace the main computer module (PCM, PWM? etc. I'm sure it's an expensive item).

Waited a few days for that to come in. It's now in, and all seems fine.

Was a nuisance to have to make trips to the dealear, but I understand... They gave me the rental when I needed it, etc. (though, a Ford Focus might be ok for my daughter, I wouldn't want one for myself; zippy little car though)....

The adventure continues... Hope nothing else goes wrong.... I really like that Ford Edge... I like driving it more than driving my wife's Highlander, and more than my Volvo V70....

Me again... So the dealer replaced the Fuel Vapor Canister and a Fuel Vapor valve, but my technician says it is still "showing the code" (when they run diagnostics). They called Ford, who told them to replace the main computer module (PCM, PWM? etc. I'm sure it's an expensive item).

Waited a few days for that to come in. It's now in, and all seems fine.

Was a nuisance to have to make trips to the dealear, but I understand... They gave me the rental when I needed it, etc. (though, a Ford Focus might be ok for my daughter, I wouldn't want one for myself; zippy little car though)....

The adventure continues... Hope nothing else goes wrong.... I really like that Ford Edge... I like driving it more than driving my wife's Highlander, and more than my Volvo V70....

It is a computer after all and those things do happen sometimes and when they do they're hard to troubleshoot. Glad you got it fixed.