HID Buzzing - FIXED!

Hi,

My husband just installed an 8000K H11 McCulloch HID kit (low beams only) on my 2007 SEL + that we bought last weekend. He ended up having to use the relays and I am hearing a very loud buzzing noise from INSIDE the car.

He installed them last night and we went for a spin...no noise. The noise came this morning. I understand the ballasts will make a humming noise that you can hear outside the car; what I'm hearing is inside and it's really loud. It looks awesome; but damn it's annoying.

Anyone have any advice? Do we need to plug capacitors into the relays?

UPDATE:

I did an online seach and it brought me to the Chrysler 300 & Dodge Charger forums where owners were having the same problem. They were plugging in a 470uF capacitor into each relay - it worked. NO MORE NOISE!!!!!!

Edited by bluv69k

Hi,

My husband just installed an 8000K H11 McCulloch HID kit (low beams only) on my 2007 SEL + that we bought last weekend. He ended up having to use the relays and I am hearing a very loud buzzing noise from INSIDE the car.

He installed them last night and we went for a spin...no noise. The noise came this morning. I understand the ballasts will make a humming noise that you can hear outside the car; what I'm hearing is inside and it's really loud. It looks awesome; but damn it's annoying.

Anyone have any advice? Do we need to plug capacitors into the relays?

Thanks!!!

hi:

I got same kinds of problem from my hid and it is also cause my engine light come out. When I put back the original one, the light gone. So I think maybe some volt problem cause this issue. By the way my edge has day time running light function. So for now, I use manufactory one for my low bean, and I try to put the hid set to my fog light later today!

Does anyone have any udea is that hid light will burn out the lampshade, if I put the hid to my fog light!

Edited by fly6