Brakes Squeeking

There is some squeaking coming from either my wheel area when I lightly press the brake at very slow speeds. It goes away once I start cruising and does not come back even at the same slow speeds unless I park an turn off the car off and do it over again at a later time.

I take my car for full inspection and maintenance *regularly* so the brakes should still be in normal working condition.

If anyone wants to take a stab at what they think the cause could be I'm all ears.

My question is, can WD40 be used on the calipers, shocks, struts and around the axels as a start? I imagine that the obvious answers would be yes but I wanted to confirm.

Thanks!

Sometimes contamination of the brake pad can lead to a squeek at certain speeds/brake pressures. Sometimes an easy (albeit potentially not very safe) way to clear the contamination is to find a place you can reverse the car at relatively high speed and hit the brakes pretty hard. Sometimes that will dislodge the contaminant making the noise. Depending on how evenly the pads are wearing, you can also try swapping the pads to the opposite side of the vehicle which sometimes clears it up.

WD40 can work in all the places you suggested, I would just advise against getting it on the rotor/pad surface. ;)

Edited by nickf1011

Another question, Whenever I start driving after the car has been sitting for a while (3-4 hours), the brakes slip a little when coming to a stop, I can feel it on the peddle and hear the rubber. This happens for the first couple of braking attempts and then goes away. Could this just be due to brake dust? Does this happen to everyone else?