Took Delivery Friday. 11/15/06

jimmy

When did you order it? And... Where are you located?

Thanks!

What are your impressions on the brakes and handling which have been critisized in the reviews? Are they nit-plicking ? Motor week just did the drivers test last week on the MKX and said 60-0 on the breaking was 147 ft. whick worries me! That vehicle may weight a couple of hundred pounds more however, that number seems way long for a vehicle with four wheel disc brakes! I was looking at the rear brake rotors on the edge this weekend and they looked undersized however, it is tough to tell with out actually measuring. Does anyone know what size rotors are on the edge?

What are your personal impressions of these two items after driving the edge?????

What are you impressions on the brakes and handling which have been critisized in the reviews? Are they nit-plicking ? Motor week just did the drivers test last week on the MKX and said 60-0 on the breaking was 147 ft. whick worries me. That vehicle may way a couple of hundred pounds more however, that number is still way to large!

What are your thoughts on this after driving the edge?????

Both Edmunds and CarAndDriver put the 60-0 over 150ft on a AWD unit...

When did you order it? And... Where are you located?

Thanks!

I ordered it September 15th. I live in Southeast MI.

Are you guys seeing my pictures? I clicked on the browser, chose two of them, then added the attachement's. I don'rt see them though.

As for the brakes, with only 130 miles they feel fine, too early to tell, no hard stops yet.

Jim

Sorry, forgot to reply on the handling. Also very early in the game. It feels fine, cornering is similar to the Escape, however you can feel a little more bulk to the vehicle. What it gives up in cornering though, it makes up for on the highway. Very very smooth, yet a decent feel for the road. I had 5 people in it the other night and everyone commented on how well it rode.

Jim

I'm not seeing any pictures. Here's how you can add them:

1) Find a place that you can host your photos on, like photobucket.com. Copy the link of each photo then click on the tree icon image.gif to insert each photo.

2) You can host the photos on this site and do essentially the same thing. Here's how to host them on this site site - CLICK HERE.

1) Find a place that you can host your photos on, like photobucket.com. Copy the link of each photo then click on the tree icon image.gif to insert each photo.

2) You can host the photos on this site and do essentially the same thing. Here's how to host them on this site site - CLICK HERE.

Thank you, I'll do that.

Thanks Rob, that worked fine. My photos are now posted in the gallery.

Jim