Thinking about new rims next spring,what's factory offset for the 18" plastic wheels?

Most tire/wheel sites say what fits the Edge,but in offsets from 35 to 45. I'd like to keep the new rims as close to stock as possible. TIA

Well I do not have the offset but I know rim for the EDGE 18" chrome clad has a backspacing of 5.75" whihc is the distance between the rim edge (not the lip) and the rotor interface. I measured this using a straight ruler sitting on the back edge and a caliper to measure the distance between the bottom of the ruler and the rotor interface.

The rim is marked at 18x7.5".

If the Offset is = Rim width /2 - Backspace, you get: 7.5"/2 - 5.75" = -2" or 50mm

If I had measure the true rim width (lip to lip distance), the rim width is more like 8".

So, 8"/2- 5.75"= -1.75" or 44.45mm

My guess is that the offset is 45mm not 35m

Marc G

Well I do not have the offset but I know rim for the EDGE 18" chrome clad has a backspacing of 5.75" whihc is the distance between the rim edge (not the lip) and the rotor interface. I measured this using a straight ruler sitting on the back edge and a caliper to measure the distance between the bottom of the ruler and the rotor interface.

The rim is marked at 18x7.5".

If the Offset is = Rim width /2 - Backspace, you get: 7.5"/2 - 5.75" = -2" or 50mm

If I had measure the true rim width (lip to lip distance), the rim width is more like 8".

So, 8"/2- 5.75"= -1.75" or 44.45mm

My guess is that the offset is 45mm not 35m

Marc G

Thnak you very much. I'll probably go with the 45. I knew someone would have the answer.