SYNC System

Are you a pioneer salesman? Brentwood Audio?

Aftermarket is ok, but some people like the idea of buying factory integrated technology.

Why would anyone want a Microsoft/Sony product . I for one am tired of finding Microsofts bugs for them. Go with a Pioneer AVIC D3 its far cheaper and has way more capability

• 4 months later...
Has it been determined if those of us with an 07 can get our phones sync'd in with our factory equipment? I am glad that I got my edge 4 weeks ago and they now have the sync capability for the 08 out (sarcasim).

I was considering purchasing a 2008 Taurus X that didn't have the SYNC and talked to a dealership about having it installed. The salesman told me that because there is an exclusive agreement between Ford and Microsoft, SYNC is not available for now as an aftermarket installation. He said that agreement will expire in December 2008. After that, SYNC will be available as an aftermarket installation for any vehicle, not just Ford branded vehicles. He said the cost will most likely be in the neighborhood of $600 - $700.

I opted to buy a 2008 Edge (not because of SYNC) and have been very happy with it. SYNC is an awesome system and I don't think I will consider a vehicle in the future that doesn't have this feature. :happy feet:

Just picked up my new 2008 Ford Edge Limited last Tuesday. It has the SYNC system as standard this year. Just learning how to use it with my bluetooth cell phone and iPod. Does anyone else on the forum have the SYNC system?

I have a 2008 Lincoln MKX in White Chocolate with the Special Edition package. The sync is fantastic, I have my Blackberry paired and hope that at some point my service provider will update so that I can read my text messages with sync as well. I went out and purchased a Western Digital Passport 120 GB USB 2.0 drive and have my entire music library on it. I just pluged it in and presto I'm syncing away, when I want to add new albums I just unplug and take to my desktop and download my newly ripped mp3's. I think that as Microsoft expands the capabilities it will only get better.