Check Parking Aid - replacing sensors

Van G

We're getting intermittent 'Check Parking Aid' on dash accompanied by the rear parking sensor not working. It happens most times when the car is started, but sometimes while driving (super annoying).

This all started when a friend who is works at Ford sourced a new rear bumper cover for us so I assume one or more of the 4 sensors are faulty (note the issue is intermittent).

Assuming it is the sensors, how do I determine which one(s) to replace and how do I do it?

Somewhat of a distance between the Ford friend but he gave me 5 replacement sensors.

I would start off by not assuming that it's actually a faulty sensor, and first check all the interconnects between each of the sensors to the wire harness. If it is going to fail, that is the point to check first. If the problem still persists, then I'd start looking at the sensors. As you replaced a bumper cover, then you would have had to disturb that wire harness.

Just my thought.

Glad that you got it working. My wife had an intermittent airbag error on her KIA. The garage wanted to replace the passenger airbag plus the front sensors. i said no, but the garage in inspecting had adjusted the wire harness (that was the actual issue) and not had a problem since. that was 3 years ago. now i- know to check wires first myself.