Newbie from MI

careercadaver

My wife and I are in pursuit of a Ford!! Considering the Lincoln MKX, Edge Limited and Edge Sport all 2011 or newer. We are attempting to replace my wife's Jeep Grand Cherokee Limiter (4.7L) and after driving quite a few vehicles Ford is really standing out. For our in tents and purposes the vehicle must be AWD and a limited or leather package. The main reason we landed on this body style over the Explorer is the room for a rear facing car set...the back seat on these is very spacious! We really like the interior trim package and rid of the MKX but are drawn to the price tag of the Limited or Sport a little more. I'm familiar with turbo vehicles as I've driven Subaru's for years so the EcoBoost doesn't really scare me...just deciding if it's worth the extra money over the limited...as I know I will end up modding this car if it's turbo...

I look forward to trading ideas with the lot of you. I do however have some questions...

How is the ride of the Sport vs Limited? I would assume stiffer, thus sport, but is comfort sacrificed?

I assume the EcoBoost engines requires 93 octane? Any ATX issues with the turbo line up?

I'm sure I will have more, and intend to search, but for sake of conversation if someone would like to spot some banter it would be appreciated! :)

I had a 2012 AWD SEL with the 3.5L, I now have a 2014 AWD Sport with the 3.7L. The SEL drove great and fuel mileage was decent. I wanted the sport from day 1 but couldn't find one.

My 14 sport rides a little stiffer and the fuel mileage is a little worse but I don't care. I have every single option that you can get and I love the looks of the sport.

I looked at the Lincoln but it just couldn't beat the looks of the sport.

I actually like the looks of the Lincoln. The sport is very attractive but something about that front grille...I was thinking if I go with the sport I might find one and black it out...:)

Is the ride of the sport at all harsh? The Cherokee we are replacing was very plush...the Limited was a little rough by comparison...Lincoln was close enough. Considered swapping the struts off the Lincoln onto the sport if it wasn't what she was looking for...though that's a bit self defeating. lol Any idea if the valving varies between models?

Very nice!! I'd love to find a white one but I don't know if I will within the time frame we have available. We drove an Acadia Denali and I loved it!! She was not thrilled with the interior...

How does your edge do on gas? I assume the boasted 23mpg is a farce...

Edited by careercadaver