Front Seat Comfort

Just got my 2008 Edge Limited a week ago. My wife and I took it for a decent trip this weekend. It was 175 miles each way so we got to spend a few non stop hours shaking it out. Love almost everything. Ride was rock solid and quiet. It had a lot of get up and go when needed. Took a couple tries getting our ipod to work with sync but once set up it was great. However, we found the front seats less than comfortable. My wife especially. She was literally in pain (In the back) whether she was the driver or the passenger. I was less affected but still had a bit of discomfort as the lower part of the seat back seems to be pushing you forward. Tried all kinds of seat positions with the lumbar support turned up and turned down but still couldn't get comfy. Has anyone else experienced this? Any suggestions? We have a '97 Expedition and a '98 Explorer. Both of those are great on the comfort scale so I know its not some general Ford nuiance. Thanks for any help.