platfroms

powerboatr

The CX-7's platform is NOT shared with the Edge, it's exclusive to the CX-7.

The CX-9 shares the platform with the Edge.

And the CD3 platform was derived from the Mazda6, but it was modified (widened and lengthened) for the Fusion/Milan/MKZ and then modified again for the Edge/MKX. The 2009 Mazda6 should use the new, larger Ford CD3 version of the platform.

The CX-7's platform is NOT shared with the Edge, it's exclusive to the CX-7.

The CX-9 shares the platform with the Edge.

I stand somewhat corrected.

The CX-7 is not the same platform...completely. The front suspension is from Mazda6 components. The CX-7 is related to the Mazda 6's C/D architecture, but can't be considered a full- fledged C/D platform. While it is much the same from the firewall forward, the unibody design is unique from the firewall back.

I stand somewhat corrected.

The CX-7 is not the same platform...completely. The front suspension is from Mazda6 components. The CX-7 is related to the Mazda 6's C/D architecture, but can't be considered a full- fledged C/D platform. While it is much the same from the firewall forward, the unibody design is unique from the firewall back.

The front suspension is actually derived from the MPV.

From what I read nothing as far as the platform is shared with the current 6, from what I've read it's all new.

The front suspension is actually derived from the MPV.

From what I read nothing as far as the platform is shared with the current 6, from what I've read it's all new.

http://consumerguideauto.howstuffworks.com...da-cx-7-cga.htm

You are correct about the front suspension.

Read on from the article:

Center for Excellence

In the year 2000, Ford Motor Company, which owns 33.4 percent of Mazda, tapped Mazda to add a little "Zoom Zoom" to its product portfolio. The two companies agreed that Mazda would be Ford Motor Company's "Center for Excellence" for the development of C/D-class car and SUV architecture, as well as for the MZR large-displacement four-cylinder engine. (C/D-class cars, like the midsize Honda Accord and Toyota Camry, are the heart of the market.)

The first results of this agreement were the Mazda 6 and its base 2.3-liter four-cylinder dual-overhead cam engine, both of which made their debut for the 2003 model year. The Mazda 6 C/D platform proved to be a hit and went on to be used for the Ford Fusion, Mercury Milan, and Lincoln Zephyr/MKZ.

The CX-7 is related to the Mazda 6's C/D architecture, but can't be considered a full- fledged C/D platform. While it is much the same from the firewall forward, the unibody design is unique from the firewall back.